1. Applicable both for commercial and residential real estate projects.
2. Establishment of ‘Real Estate Regulatory Authority’ in States/UTs to regulate real estate transactions.
3. Registration of real estate projects and real estate agents with the Authority.
4. Mandatory disclosure of all registered projects, including details of the promoter, project, layout plan, land status, approvals, agreements along with details of real estate agents, contractors, architect, structural engineer etc.
5. Deposit of specified amount in a separate bank account to cover the construction cost of the project for timely completion of the project.
6. Establishment of fast track dispute resolution mechanisms for settlement of disputes through adjudicating officers and Appellate Tribunal.
7. Civil courts jurisdiction prohibited from taking up matters defined in Bill, however, consumer court allowed to hear real estate matters.
8. Promoters barred from changing plans and design without consent of consumers.
9. Provision of Appropriate Government to make rules for the matters specified in the Bill, and the Regulatory Authority to make necessary regulations.